I would also like to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! Its not really the way that I would choose to spend mine, but I am grateful that I will finally have my hubby with me tomorrow!! We will be having our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday instead of today....better late than never.
I am totally going to steal this idea from Amanda's blog, but it is Thanksgiving time and we should all be thankful for something. Many of us have lives far beyond what we would have ever conceived for ourselves and still we find reason to be unhappy. I know that at times I dislike some the situations that we find ourselves in but in the end it always seems to work. There are many things that I have become very grateful for in this new life that I have built with my husband.
These are a few of the things I am grateful for:
- The family I have built around me (I love you guys and am more grateful for ya'll then you know!! You know who you are!!)
- My husband- I can honestly say he is amazing...if you knew all he had to deal with you would think him a saint! I have bad days and some worse than others and he is always there by my side trying to help me through
- Most of my family- LOL if you knew everything you would understand most
- For my hubby's job in this time when so many are going with out
- For our free home that many are losing daily
- For being able to do anything I set my mind to and not have the limitations of people saying you can't do that because you're a female
- For the support of my husband so that I can go to school full time and not have to worry about working just finishing my degree
- My G.I. Bill others wise there is no way that I would be able to afford my degree!!
- My little dogs!! I would go crazy here all by myself and I am grateful that I have them here to keep me company when I know absolutely no one
- I am thankful for my sister....we shared a lot and needed each other the whole way through
- I am grateful that I finally have some sort of relationship with my older brothers and my dad
- I am grateful that I am in-laws that actually like me! They are nicer than I ever thought and don't push me to just jump in (I know its been four years but my wall is coming down)
- I am grateful that I was strong enough to go out on my own and was able to build this life and family of friends that I choose to surround myself with
- I am grateful that my sister has someone to share her life with and that makes her happy...and that he is doing well now and will hopefully continue to be well for a long time coming
- I am grateful for the medical and technical advances that we have in todays world that help people continue on with almost normal lives (almost normal being daily meds, therapy, etc.)
There is so much to be grateful for and sometimes we over look all that we have been given. I know at times I forget that I have truly been blessed (I know things may have been very rough and that times such as those may come in the future, but there is always something to be learned and things to possibly be taught during those times). I couldn't be more grateful for the way that my life is coming together....I am grateful for the strength to overcome what so many may not have been strong enough to do and I am grateful my sister has taken the path around it as well. If you know me well you know what I'm talking about. I am thankful that I found my faith as a young adult to help me through trying times. There are so many little things that we seem to overlook on a daily basis and I'm grateful for all that and more!