Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Ramblings

I forgot to post pics from my birthday picnic last month! We went to Lake Barcis and it was absolutely beautiful! The weather was amazing and our little man was in the best of moods. I didn't want to do anything too big for my bday so I spent it with the two most important people in my life and couldn't have asked for a better day!

Sept. 19, 2010 Lake Barcis :)









We have seriously amazing news to share with everyone! Our adoption is final! Baby boy is ours now and forever and officially has our last name now woohoo us!! A super awesome woman here makes cakes and made one for our adoption day and of course we let Nathan have a tiny piece which he made a big ole mess with but it was really fun to watch! Here's a couple pics from our special night!

For my little prince :)

He is like what the heck is this!

It was so funny to see his face! I love when he tries new textures!

daddy and son

He really loved the cake in the end.

Its amazing the things God does for our familes on a daily basis. We have truly been blessed this past year and couldn't have asked for more. Our adoption came together so smoothly and so quickly. The way everything flowed together was truly a blessing because if you know anything of the adoption world for us to be picked only two months in and to actually have our baby and no failed places is simply amazing. We have been constantly told by the social workers and agencies and even other adoptive families that we are definitely one of the lucy ones. I thank God everyday for this little man and for making things go so smoothly. We would love more than anything to have a second child in the next couple of years but honestly I am terrified to start the process again because the second time around couldn't possibly go as easily....could it?

The housing situation here in Aviano went crazy and thankfully we were not affected by it at all! My amazingly wonderful hubby is going to be starting a new job at the Group in the near future and I am so excited for him! He will be getting so many new experiences and learning and bettering himself in the process. I'm really proud of him! He is also now the treasure of Aviano AFSA on base and I'm extremely proud of him getting out there and becoming apart of something. Plus he has been really helpful and encouraging on this whole adoption support group I'm trying to get started on base. God does truly work in amazing ways!

We are also considering extending here for a year, but it depends on the housing situation of course. We really don't want to have to worry about living on the economy. We are enjoying our time here and our new little family. We love all the things we get to see and baby boy already has more stamps in his passport than most adults...too bad he's getting a new one here in a month! I guess he'll just have to start over and get even more!

Life is good. God is amazing. Our Family is awesome!


Diesel protecting his baby...he loves his baby!

His first time in his high chair!

Look oh so cute!


Hey! Hey You! I'm talking to you! So freaking cute!

He likes to do leg presses now! Yeah I can't leave him alone with that toy anymore I'm terrified he's going to hurt himself! He is def all boy though LOL. OH and he growls now soooooo funny!



1 comments:

Living the Long Life... said...

Congrats on the adoption final!!
The pictures of him are so cute, an adorable little guy!