Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sewing: Apron

As many of you know I love to be involved in things. I love doing crafts, baking and all that fun stuff. I've taught myself how to crochet and to knit among other things and I've always wanted to get a sewing machine even though I have an odd fear of them. Yes, I've been scared of them for sometime and who knows what I think they're going to do to me chop my finger off or maybe turn into a transformer LOL, but I got over my fear here recently.

I went to one of the ACES sewing club meeting and my wonderful friend Melissa taught me to use one! It didn't maim me or scare me or even growl or anything! AMAZING I know! (For you enlisted wives in the Aviano area ACES is the spouses group and they do many many amazing things. I love going to the meeting and volunteering which obviously I haven't done in awhile but I so look forward to starting up again!)

At the sewing club we learned to make aprons and if I do say so myself they were stinking adorable! Here's pics of the one Melissa helped me make! I'm really looking forward to the next class and getting my own sewing supplies!




Hmmm...I wonder if ya'll can guess who my model was LOL. I think it came out rather cute. Melissa made the awesome frayed flower and helped me with the gather using dental floss which is a neat little trick and of course she helped me learn how to use a sewing machine and what not :) Thanks Melissa you ROCK!

Which reminds me Melissa now has an FB page where you can order an amazing purse custom made by her! She is also having a give away so go like her page and then share it with your friends! Eash friend that says you sent them gives you another entry into the contest and it ends Nov. 18, 2011 so go to Force Fashion Boutique Military Purses and like it now! Happy Winning :)  

0 comments: