Monday, October 6, 2014

Review: Knowing God by Name

Review: Knowing God by Name

This was definitely an interesting devotional to read and definitely was different than I was expecting. I am not sure what I was expecting to be honest since the title of the book is Knowing God by Name. In this devotional you literally learn 40 different names for God and then there is a devotional to go along with it. It is an 8 week journey that could easily be done with a small group and also provides 8 different  interactive lessons for individuals or groups. The lessons are written by three separate authors but seem to flow together flawlessly. There are 5 days where each day focuses on a different known name of God, and the 6th day is a day to reflect, pray, and meditate on the material the reader has covered.

This is definitely a great book for any believer whether you are new to your faith or have a solid foundation already. It makes you think and can easily be read as a traditional book as well, which I have a tendency to do with even devotionals. I would recommend this book to others one of the few devotionals I would. 

I did receive this book free from the publisher and I was not required to publish a positive review just my own honest opinions :)

0 comments: