Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Last Thanksgiving in Italy

Its amazing that this year is our last year for the holidays in Italy and that we don't know where we'll be next year. I am truly greatful for the time that we've spent here in Italy. I've enjoyed the things we've been able to see, that we were able to save for our adoption, that this base gave me the opportunity to be a stay at home wife and mom, and that we've grown our military family. As much as it was a pain to get use to as far as being a spouse and dependent and all that goes into I wouldn't give up the experience for anything. Even though we'd love to stay overseas another tour we understand its our time to go back to the states something I am a little excited about. I'm greatful that we'll be near family with all the rough times that have been upon us.

This Thanksgiving we have so much to be greatful for inspite of all the bad. I'm greatful for my amazing family, my own little family and my military family. I'm thankful that Tommy is doing better, slowly but still better. I'm greatful that my sister isn't doing it alone and has my mom there with her. I'm greatful that I was able to be there with my sister in the beginning and that Nathan was there to help ease her mind a bit. I'm greatful for our time in Italy, that this is our last holiday season here and that we have the most amazing people to spend it with. I'm greatful for the amazing friends who make being away from our family that much more bearable. There is so much to be greatful for even though there has been so much tragedy. Thank you everyone for being there when everything good or bad is happening!

This year we spent Thanksgiving with some of our amazing friends. We ate, chatted, played games, ate, watched the kids play, and just enjoyed each others company. It was a great time, great food, and of course some of the greatest people we know!






(more pics to come they just won't load for some reason boo!!)


What I'll always be most thankful for though is my amazing little man and my amazing big man! I don't know where I'd be without the two loves of my life in my life! (plus my amazing little doggies of course!!)

I hope everyone out there had an amazing day and continues to have an amazing rest of the year!

0 comments: