Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our Drive Through the Mountains

Today my hubby decided to take me out and show me around. We drove up to the mountains and he showed me the local river. It was an amazing drive and was absolutely beautiful.

Photobucket

The first place we stopped was a damn in the mountains. We're not really sure what this was but its interesting.

Photobucket

The road over the damn and a tunnel that leads into the mountains. We went through about four tunnels on our drive (but not this one).

Photobucket

Jerry on top of the damn trying to read Italian. I think it said not to drove rocks off the edge.

Photobucket

This is where the river is. All the mountains surround it are so pretty.

Photobucket

Usually there is more water but since winter is coming and it isn't raining as much the water isn't as high as the summer.

Photobucket

Another pic of just the mountains and the river. We brought our three dogs with us so that they could sniff around, but we wouldn't let them play in the water it was too cold.

Photobucket

The first pic of me and my baby doll in Italy.

Photobucket

For some reason the water here turns this really pretty teal color. I just wanted to show everyone how pretty the water is here.

Photobucket

A view of a mountain and one of the many little towns that we passed through.

Photobucket

We were loved all the different peaks that we saw while driving through taking in the sights.

Photobucket

Jerry loved the way this mountain looked so I had to take pictures of it.

Photobucket

These little roadside alters are everywhere along the roadsides and some look a little bit bigger like the could be chapels.

Photobucket

Just an awesome view of one of the little towns on the mountain side. I thought these were so cute when you see them so far off. You can actually see some from the front yard of our home. Its so cool!!!

0 comments: