I was so surprised when it came in the mail because I had forgot all about it and the hubby is the one who picks it up from the post office so he walked in the house and was like what are you ordering now?!?! I was like ummm...nothing that I can remember?!?! LOL. THANK YOU MRS. SERGEANT FOR THE GORGEOUS PIECE OF JEWELRY!!!
2. I made my first White Chili recipe and it was actually pretty gosh darn good. I was really surprised considering the recipe I decided to try had cinnamon in it! I know weird right...well I was a bit scared so only added half of what the recipe called for which was a good call otherwise I think it would have been too strong! My hubby absolutely loved it though so that is always a good sign (he even took leftovers to work for lunch!) and we had some guests over and they loved it as well. So this recipe is def a keeper! I'll post it here and also on my recipe blog Recipes to Live By.
White Chili with Ground Turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic and ground turkey and saute for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned. Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper to taste and white pepper to taste and saute for 5 more minutes.
2. Add two cans of the beans and the chicken broth to the pot. Take the third can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot along with the cheese. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
I served it with a sweet corn bread yum! It was a hit and will be made again in the future!
3. Baby boy had his 4 month check up and it was all good news! The doctors and nurses loved his as usual and everyone said he was the happiest baby they have ever seen (so that was so neat to hear considering he was actually grumpy and needed a nap! So I guess his grumpy really isn't that bad LOL). He is in the 82% for his age...is about 25 inches long and about 17 lbs! Such a big boy! They told us we are doing great by him and to keep doing what we are doing! He is already eating solids. He loves green beans, pears, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, and peaches, so far and doesn't care for bananas but I think its cause of whatever they add to the bananas to make them gooey...so I think I'm going to start making his baby food fresh every morning when I get our meals done. He is also talking like crazy! It is so freaking cute, seriously words cannot describe how freaking cute he sounds. The hubby and I can literally sit here and listen to him all day! He also loves books and being read to and will just sit there and stare at the book and listen to whatever you have to say about the page so cute!
4. We are also going on a day trip later this month so excited, so stay tuned for those pics! If you haven't already go look at baby boy's photo shot and the day we spent in Fregona!