Saturday, February 5, 2011

Randomness

Well the hubby has been tdy and its the first one since we've had our son. Although this def wasn't our first as a couple I am gonna say it was one of the hardest and yet easiest separation so far. Which yeah yeah I know that makes no sense but it was one of our shortest separations therefore not the worst for being longest but one of the hardest because of our baby boy. Now I really didn't think it would have affected baby boy the way that it did because I figured he was young enough to go with the flow but boy was I wrong! He def loves his dada time and dada was a big part of his night time routine which totally threw him off when he left. We are finally adjusting and just in time for dada to return sometime in the near future.

This tdy also felt backwards because normally I'm left alone in the wonderful US and my poor hubby is stuck in some foreign country without his family and well this time the luck SOB got to go the states! Yes, I am jealous! What I wouldn't give to shop at an actual children's store with cute clothes for my little man! Although with the hubby being in the states we were able to get necessary car parts without having to order them and the hubby will be home well before baby boys first birthday woohoo!

********************************************************************

My chihuahua Peanut is turning 6 years old this month! I can't believe I've had my little ball of evil that long already! And yes I said evil! If you know Peanut you know her true evil self that i would trade in for anything in the world! Which means my other baby dogs are getting older too, which makes me super sad :(

********************************************************************

Baby boy is turning 1 in a couple of months can you believe it?!?! I know I sure the hell can't! It seriously doesn't feel like a full year since we brought this amazing little man home! he's grown so much! He is learning things so quickly! I love to just sit and watch him think and you can see the little wheels turning in his head! Oh my oh my you should see the way he eats already as well! I'm terrified to see him as a teenager! I'm going to have to work to just keep food in the fridge! He is such a big boy, he is amazing, smart, beautiful and more than we could have ever asked for in a child! We have been truly blessed with the most amazing son in the world!!!!!

*******************************************************************

I have also learned so much about curls and hair thanks to my darling baby boy and my BFF Jen. She is seriously obsessed...in a good way....I think. But my hair pretty much lost its curl while living here in Italy and I just have not known what to do to bring it back. Well my friends I tell ya cowashing is the key! Seriously shampoo is awful for your hair daily. Conditioner has enough cleanser to clean your hair! Who would have thought! We get so obsessed thinking that lather is what makes things clean but boy are we wrong! We're just stripping our hair and making it icky! Oh the damage we have done to our poor poor hair!

Mine and Nathan's hair gets shampooed two times a month and we deep condition afterwards to bring back the moisture and we only do this because of build up from hair products. Otherwise every other day we cowash. First we wash our hair with Vo5 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner and we use this because it doesn't have any silicones, its cheap, and we can use a lot of it (you will seriously feel like your hair is cleaned after this and yet not stripped!). Then afterwards we use another conditioner to actually condition our hair a better one still silicone free. After we get out of the shower we will gently squeeze our hair of some of the excess water but not all of it cause we still want a soaking wet head and then apply a leave in (sometimes just more vo5 but not a ton) and then a hair product like an alcohol free gel or mousse and then wrap our hair in a tshirt not a towel and finish getting ready as the tshirt absorbs the excess water (the tshirt helps with frizz and maintaining moisture who knew?!?!) but there are several other ways to do this as well and each persons does it a little differently. Oh and there are lines like Devacurl that work amazingly as well with a no poo or low poo! I also really want to try kinky curly hair line!

Okay I've gone on long enough about hair! LOL But seriously try it!
*****************************************************************

Oh I do have about three book reviews that I'm going to have to post here in the near future and they're all Christian book so keep your eyes out for that as well. I know I know I've been slacking with my posts and all but this was my first experience as a single mom and well it was interesting when little man would throw a fit for dada!

I'll also post another blog about hair product lines we have bought and tried and which our our favorites and why! Oh Check out Darcy's Botanicals as well she has a ton of awesome stuff all natural, organic and a lot of stuff is even vegan!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I have felt like a single mom lately! Stephen is working gone from 4:30am to 7:30pm and by the time he gets home he just wants to crash. We only see each other for about 1 1/2 hours and very rarely is that without one of the children around!

It has really made a difference with Brianna. At this age she knows he's not around as much and she is asking me to do things she'd normally do with him. I think he understands but it's still hard.

He is probably going to Qatar in May. Hunter will still be young enough (I hope) that it won't matter but now I'm worried Bri will be affected. Thank God for Skype! It's still not the same as in person though. Pray for us! (His first deployment) I didn't know Jerry was gone, but I hope things are going well for you and Nathan, it looks like they are.

N-i-c-o-l-e said...

Hi there. I'm coming out of the woodworks now lol. I have been cowashing and low pooing and it has made such a difference in my hair. I also love the Kinky Curly line. If you need help picking up products let me know and I'll be happy to help. I can get Kinky Curly here locally. Also if you haven't already you should check out www.naturallycurly.com. It is full of info on products and anything else you would want to know about hair.

Now an Air Force Wife and Mommy!! said...

Thanks Nicole! I just got the book Curly Girl and can't wait til I have time sit down and read it! Prob as soon as the hubby returns!